Out of the blue this week, I was approached by Dennis Does Cricket follower Cameron Houweling.
Cameron wanted to know if we would be interested in doing a betting show for the World Cup.
Cameron is a semi professional sports punter who turns over in excess of AUD$100k per annum.
I had strong reservations about doing the podcast given my exposure to gambling in the past hasn’t necessarily been a pleasant experience.
However, after a few chats with Cameron and also a private chat with Scott Ferguson who runs SportIsMadeForBetting.com, I decided to do it.
I wanted to understand how it worked, get a sense of the allure and provide something to our listeners who do gamble.
It is fair to say that there is a big amount of you who are into sports gambling and will find this episode worthwhile. I am also cognisent that there are others who will want nothing to do with it.
Either way, I urge you to listen as:
- I give my now considered thoughts on the moral issue;
- We educate on how it all works;
- Cameron provides some risk free bets that you can put on now; and
- We look at the best value bets for the tournament.
You can follow Cameron on twitter here:
During the World Cup, I am going to take a starting stake of $100 and see if we can’t double it.
HOW TO LISTEN
To listen, follow these instructions on how to use the media player at the top of this page.
It’s not that hard.
Just click on the orange play button.
Alternatively, listen to this podcast via iTunes, Soundcloud, Tune In Radio, Stitcher or Omny here.
Follow the podcast on twitter:
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019
- Dennis’ Unhelpful Guide To PSL4 - February 11, 2019
- Welcome to CBCTV - December 14, 2018
- A Critical Review of the 2018 PSL Draft - November 21, 2018