Wahab Riaz was unable to contain his disappointment after narrowly missing a world record overnight.
The Pakistani quick and lender of jackets to known bookies returned figures of 0/110 at Trent Bridge in the 3rd ODI against England.
“After my fourth over, I sensed I had a chance to bring glory to Pakistan.
Alex Hales was swinging like Donald Trump in an election campaign. I knew the world record sat with Mick Lewis. I thought his 0/113 would never be beaten.
But I’m a fighter. Did you see how I intimidated Shane Watson at the World Cup? Sure, I didn’t get him out or change the match, but it made for a great spectacle.
I was aiming to build on the high levels of national pride in Pakistan at the moment after 180 million people couldn’t deliver even a single Olympic medal.
I even tossed up two no-balls and a couple of wides to give myself every opportunity.
But it wasn’t to be.”
Wahab concluded the press conference, noting that he intends to train as hard as he can to ensure he can one day reach the magical 0/114 figure.
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019