Shane Watson has today reacted badly to media reports comparing Mohammed Hafeez’s DRS review to ‘being the worst of all time’.
Hafeez was struck on the toe by a Mitch Johnson yorker and was given out by the umpire in the 1st Pakistan v Australia Test.
When he chose to review, the cricketing world laughed in unison.
‘Everyone has to carve out their own niche in life’ Watson said.
‘I have chosen to excel at shit DRS LBW reviews. Why does Hafeez feel the need to bully his way into my space?’
Hafeez was quick to get on the front foot.
‘Sure, Watson is currently ranked number 1 in crap DRS reviews. But it is my duty to strive to do my best for my country. No king lives forever.’
Watson was at pains to point out that his feats are so legendary, that even a video was made about them.
He went on to say that Hafeez is known as Dale Steyn’s bunny.
‘In fact, Mitch was the first person not named Steyn to get him out in Test cricket in three years. Why can’t he just remain a crap opening batsmen?’
‘The media are too quick to jump’
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019