[THE CLOCK WAS REMOVED ON MAY 1st 2015. IT RAN FOR 704 DAYS]
The 24th May 2013.
This is when Alastair Cook last made an International century in any format.
It was in a Test match against New Zealand at Leeds.
So long ago.
Cook is the man that oversaw a 5-0 Ashes Whitewash.
Cook is the man that helped sack KP so that he could survive.
Cook is the man that said he should lead England to the World Cup. For the record, his last ODI century was the 19th June 2012.
Cook is the man that called for ‘something to be done‘ when Shane Warne pointed out his horrible record publicly. Unfortunately, he was referring to Warne changing, and not his own scores.
So, as a public service to English cricket, the clock at the top of this article will keep counting until Cook makes an International century.
Please share it amongst your friends.
50 years from now, I suspect my grandchildren will still see relevance in this clock.
Sign up for the Dennis Does Cricket Newsletter
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019