Regular listeners of the podcast will know that we have a special relationship with Kevin Pietersen.
Over the last few years, I’ve been lucky enough to have chatted with him privately and publicly on twitter.
During this time, he has told me on a few occasions that he would appear on this podcast when he got to Melbourne.
Well, he’s now in Melbourne.
However, he has started ignoring me.
So, I’m going to stalk him until he remembers who made him big.
Today he played a warm up game before he appears for the Melbourne Stars in the Big Bash.
The Monash Tigers played St Kilda in a Melbourne grade match at some nondescript Melbourne ground.
KP was opening the batting for the Tigers.
I turned up with my audio recorder, my two sons and a desire to get the great man to speak with me.
This is that story.
As always (well sometimes…well we’ve done it twice), there is some bonus content after the closing song.
I also took the pictures below. Feel free to use them in some sort of advertising promotion or something. It’s up to you.
HOW TO LISTEN
To listen, follow these instructions on how to use the media player at the top of this page.
It’s not that hard.
Just click on the orange play button.
Alternatively, listen to this podcast via iTunes, Soundcloud, Tune In Radio, Stitcher or Omny here.
Follow the podcast on twitter:
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019