What an absolutely emphatic win by the Aussies in the World Cup final.
I was lucky enough to attend with great friend of the show, sports satirist Titus O’Reily.
I wandered the MCG both before, during and after the match to speak to the fans.
I wore this replica 1992 World Cup Pakistani shirt:
Special guest appearances from:
- Superman and Batman
- ESPN Cricinfo’s Melinda Farrell and Subash Jayaraman
- Times Now’s Harini Rana from India
- Super Sports Crystal Arnold from South Africa and
- IPL Chairman Rajeev Shukla. He is from India too I think.
I tried and failed again to get to Kevin Pietersen. I also tried and failed to get a decent Kiwi or Australian joke on record.
You will not have heard anything like this podcast from the World Cup.
This I can guarantee.
Before you listen, check out some of the pics I took below.
HOW TO LISTEN
To listen, follow these instructions on how to use the media player at the top of this page.
It’s not that hard.
Just click on the orange play button.
Alternatively, listen to this podcast via iTunes, Soundcloud, Tune In Radio, Stitcher or Omny here.
Follow the podcast on twitter:
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019