Richard Ings was the head of the Australian Sports Drug Agency, and then the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority from 2005 – 2010.
In this interview, he talks to us about Drugs in Cricket.
Is it a problem?
Here are WADA’s own numbers, highlighting how many cricketers were tested in 2012.
Not one was blood tested ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!
What techniques are players using to hide the impacts?
Why would cricketers even need to use performance enhancing drugs?
How do the Cricket Australia rules on doping differ from the rest of the world?
We also talk about the mankad, Narine’s choice to play the IPL final over representing the West Indies in a Test series, Cat delivers a beautifully scripted monologue that is critical of the English Test squad and more.
Finally, the Muller Award is handed to someone who probably should have won it a long time ago
HOW TO LISTEN
Go to ‘Podcasts’ app —> search for “Can’t Bowl Can’t Throw” —> hit ‘subscribe’
Go to ‘Play Store’ app —> search for the ‘Soundcloud’ app —> open Soundcloud app —-> search for “Can’t Bowl Can’t Throw” —> ‘subscribe’
Go to Soundcloud.com or open the app on your mobile device —-> search for “Can’t Bowl Can’t Throw” —> ‘subscribe’
Follow these instructions on how to use the media player at the top of this page. That link also shows you how to download the podcast mp3 file.
It’s really not that hard.
Listen to this podcast via Tune In Radio, Stitcher or Omny. Those links are here.
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019