PCB Chairman Shahryar Khan today revealed that only 4 of the 15 players on the tour of Bangladesh are fit.
Speaking exclusively to me via a newspaper article I read online in the Pakistani Herald, Khan said that the only senior players to pass the test were 40 year old Misbah and 37 year old Younis.
When you have been chasing success for so long, it makes sense that older players will be very fit.
All that chasing adds up over time.
Look at how Inzamam ended up after 20 years running around. He was down to a 126 cm waistline.
Azhar Ali says it is unfair that he had to undertake the fitness test.
I’ve been sitting on my arse for two years.
I feel set up.
I bet the Kiwis don’t judge Jesse Ryder on how many burpees he can do.
Nasir Jamshed was apathetic to the results.
What’s the point of being svelte?
I only last at the crease for an over or two.
Running is overrated.
Shahid Afridi also weighed in on the debate.
This is a disgrace. Back in my day, this would never have happened.
These guys need to be put on a diet of eating kookaburra balls. It’s the only way.
Future squad hopeful Mohammad Amir says that he paid 15 lakh to ensure he passed any future test.
Fitness is for chumps.
Do they want me to look good in a tight T-shirt or take wickets?
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019
- Dennis’ Unhelpful Guide To PSL4 - February 11, 2019
- Welcome to CBCTV - December 14, 2018
- A Critical Review of the 2018 PSL Draft - November 21, 2018