Speaking at the launch of the two Test series between England and New Zealand, Kiwi captain Brendan McCullum says that they won’t be taking the higher ranked English team lightly.
“They are a very good side.
You know, they have that bowler who swings it for an over and also a New Zealand all rounder.
I also think their captain is very handsome. People underestimate his handsomeness.
We can’t forget how they nearly beat the Netherlands in the last T20 World Cup.
More recently, they hung on to make the group stages of the ODI World Cup in Australia. Not any people picked that.
The character they showed to force a drawn series after being 1-0 up against the West Indies is legendary.
McCullum went on to further explain.
“They have an excellent team motivator in Piers Morgan.
We also expect their spiritual leader Kevin Pietersen to fire a few shots via Twitter.
We are ready for them both.
You also can’t forget about their coach. They have a coach don’t they? “
England’s Director comma of Cricket Andrew Strauss said that Root and Ballance had records that were the envy of many.
“Root averages something that sounds high for us and Ballance’s is even higher over this past 12 months.
The fact that these averages were made against the teams ranked 7th and Mediocre makes them even better. These are top 10 sides we are talking about.”
Captain Alastair Cook was asked what he intends to do should he win the toss on the expected green top at Lord’s.
“That’s not a relevant question.”
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019