In a sign that English Test cricket is still a basket case , medium pacer Mark Wood today called out Australia’s worst player.
I intend to attack Shane Watson.
For his part, Shane Watson was nonplussed about the revelation.
Who said what?
Is he just another one of these Poms who looks like Tarzan but bowls like Jane?
I think I faced him when he was a net bowler in 2009. He reminded me of Jeremy Coney but 70% more shit house.
The prick probably won’t play anyway.
Why did they choose Footitt to join the squad? It’s clearly not to be Moeen Ali’s replacement, although he needs one too.
When Wood was asked why he thought Watson was the next target, he had this to say:
After I went through their team and discounted everyone I would be able to dominate, only Watson was left.
Not that I’ll be able to dominate him, but I’m sure he’ll score less runs off me than Steve Smith.
Michael Clarke said he didn’t want to be drawn into the matter, apart to say that it’s hard to target Shane Watson when he’s unlikely to be selected in the team.
We will only play him if England select Ravi Bopara. It’s only fair.
James Anderson said he found the whole matter unsavoury.
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019