Manangatang 3rd’s opening batsman Mitch Marshall says his name is now a curse given the underwhelming performances of Australian cricketer Mitch Marsh.
“I was facing Yackandandah’s left arm quick in about the 3rd over when their bloke doing the score book yelled my name out to his team.
BLOODY MITCH MARSH IS FACING BOYS
It well downhill fast from there.
Crap like ‘you couldn’t get a run after swallowing a bottle full of laxatives’ and ‘you only got a game because of your dad’ .
My dad’s a semi retired plumber and the whole premise of that sledge is bloody wrong anyway.
Then they were questioning why I wasn’t stinking up number 6. I’d had enough when they started calling me ‘potential’ .
I’m just glad I nicked off for 7. I needed some relief. It was my highest score of the year, so I feel like I’m hitting form. That innings should be enough to get me picked for at least another 8 or 10 matches.
This must be what’s it’s like when some poor German kid is named Adolf by his parents.
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019