John Etheridge is a long time cricket writer for the Sun newspaper in the UK.
If you like, you can follow him on twitter here:
Not sure why you would want to do that though, as he seems to have a tendency to make stuff up.
He usually makes stuff up about Kevin Pietersen.
You can follow Kevin Pietersen here. It’s worth doing.
Our first run in with Mr Etheridge’s unproven allegations started with his “Dossier on 50 Kevin Pietersen Misdemeanours”.
Go ahead and click the link. You won’t regret it.
Although I have no definitive proof that the dossier he refers to doesn’t exist, neither the ECB have confirmed that is actually does, nor has Mr Etheridge been able to produce a copy.
Most respected journalists I know wouldn’t run with a story like that until they had checked it out properly.
Anyhow, Mr Etheridge’s latest piece of loose journalism was surmised with this tweet:
It was quickly countered with the following from Kevin Pietersen:
This incident happened on the 11th June 2014.
Mr Etheridge quickly tweeted that he would “investigate” and that he “can only apologise”
We are still waiting to hear what the outcome of that investigation is.
It can’t be that hard. All Mr Etheridge needs to do is call the guy who gave him the story. In case he forgot who that ECB leaker was, here is his twitter handle:
I also happened to ask Kevin Pietersen whether Mr Etheridge had yet apologised, as he tweeted he would?
Here is KP’s redacted response, complete with my well placed autocorrect typo.
So, Mr Etheridge, I have you on the clock. a real clock. You can see it just below.
It will record, to the second, how long it takes you to both:
1) Release the findings of your investigation into why you published a factually incorrect story that had the ability to diminish a man’s reputation; and
2) You apologise personally to Mr Pietersen for the wrong that you inflicted on him.
I assume that for a man of John Etheridge’s character that this shouldn’t take too long?
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019