It’s been a big year for Indian cricket. Although they have finished with a Test series win at home, it was, well, at home. Therefore, can anyone really take it seriously?
The great thing about Indian cricket is that it always throws up random fails.
Here’s my Top 5 Indian cricket fails of 2015.
Not only a fail, but a disgrace. You know who throws bottles onto cricket grounds? No one. Well them and disrespectful spoilt dudes from Cuttack with a sense of entitlement.
How this guy continues to be selected for Test matches is beyond even the wisest guru. He is India’s Shaun Marsh. 2015 was his worst year on record, averaging 25 with a highest score of only 79 from 13 attempts. Had to fight hard to make this list ahead of Stuart Binny, but Rohit’s dedication to fail is strong.
World Cup Semi Final Choke
Possibly the worst world cup final ever played by a team entering the match undefeated. Highlighted by captain MS Dhoni’s run out where he selfishly chose not to slide his bat. It was almost a choke worthy of South Africa.
More IPL teams get sacked
Deccan, Pune and Kochi where joined by Rajasthan and Chennai as teams that have been fired from the IPL. There have only been 11 teams ever to play in the competition. That’s nearly a 50% success rate of failure.
The biggest fail of Indian cricket was the non-selection and then re-selection of Ravindra Jadeja. He was dropped from the Indian side after the ODI series against Bangladesh and then was recalled for the home Test series against South Africa after he picked up 24 wickets and 149 runs in two Ranji teams.
As seen on The Quint
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019