The Indian cricket team today cancelled their planned tour of Zimbabwe due to Health and Safety reasons.
Coach Ravi Shastri, who is being paid USD $1 million to lead the team to ODI series losses in Bangladesh said:
The boys are very tired. They need a rest.
It was hard to sleep in Dhaka with all the honking and yelling going on outside our hotel.
You must understand, all this chaos is culturally very different and difficult for us.
Listless looking captain MS Dhoni went further.
The IPL was long. Partying that hard for that long takes it out of you.
Then we had to fly the 2.5 hours from Chennai in Business Class eating caviar and drinking fine wines. That’s a killer.
Added to that, we had to chase that damn ball around and get beaten by a minnow.
Virat was so tired, he blocked a free hit.
We are all too tired to let that happen again in Zimbabwe.
BCCI Secretary Thakur was asked if the decision to withdraw from the tour had anything to do with broadcast rights:
We don’t tour anywhere anymore unless Star Sports or India Cements are involved.
This has nothing to do with TEN Sports wanting to start a rebel league.
When asked why the tired few players were not just rested and replaced with others, Virat Kohli stated:
India is such a small country with a tiny cricketing player base. Where would these players come from?
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019