Saeed Ajmal is currently ranked as the best ODI bowler in the world, 4th in T20 Internationals and 9th in Tests.
Today (9/9/14), he has been found to have an illegal bowling action by an independent ICC lab in Brisbane. Some call it chucking
They have stated that every delivery he bowls breaks the 15 degree law of cricket.
Cricket journalist Ahmer Naqvi joins Dennis Freedman all the way from from Islamabad to discuss what this means to Ajmal, Pakistan and cricket in general.
The irony is that back in May, Ajmal asked Broad to apologise for calling him a chucker on twitter. Dennis wrote about that here.
He also gives a more serious view on chucking in his piece ‘The Art of Chucking’.
Listen to this not to be missed episode via iTunes, Soundcloud, Tune In Radio, Stitcher or Omny here.
Alternatively, follow these instructions on how to use the media player at the top of this page. It’s not that hard. Just click on the orange play button.
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019