In a shock announcement, Cricket Australia today announced that they are considering a draft.
James Sutherland, Cricket Australia’s CEO suggested that we shouldn’t be alarmed.
‘People just need to calm down. Those that can remember the Vietnam War need to know that Cricket Australia isn’t fighting anyone with guns.
This proposed draft will not send your child to battle the Taliban in the western provinces of Pakistan. It’s not that type of draft.
However, it is true that they could end up in the western provinces of Pakistan depending on tour schedules.”
Sutherland went on to say that
‘….the draft will assist Australia in not losing young talent to sports that already have a draft. I’m talking about the AFL and other football codes like Aussie Rules and the Australian Football League.’
Player reaction to the news is mixed.
Jake Doran, aged 17, is the youngest ever player to be on a Big Bash squad. He welcomed the draft with open arms, but did have some minor concerns.
‘I’d happily go into the draft as long as I was selected by NSW. Then I know I could one day play for Australia.
I wouldn’t want to be drafted to Essendon or Cronulla, as those clubs give drugs to their players.’
George Bailey was smiling when told about the concept.
‘Finally, I can get myself out of bloody Tasmania.’
When I explained to him that the draft was likely only for new kids entering the system and not established players, George continued to smile as said ‘shit’.
Sutherland was keen to point out that the Sydney Thunder would be given priority picks.
‘Let’s face it. They’re crap and need some help.’
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019