ECB Chairman and Anthony Robbins styled sales prodigy Colin Graves today pumped up the launch of this season’s Natwest T20 Blast.
“There is no more mediocre tournament in the world than this one” Graves said.
“It is well behind the IPL and the Big Bash.
Firstly, we have too many teams.
They are all County based, because you know, everyone else has gone to franchises. We obviously know best.
There is bugger all decent international talent playing.
It is spread out over something like 8 months meaning there is no narrative. It needs to be that long because something about the weather they tell me. That argument has never made any sense, but hey, we let KP make 355* and then not pick him so we have form.
The tournament is sponsored by a bank. That’s probably a bit mediocre when you are pitching at kids and families. In the Big Bash the crowd get to put buckets on their heads and win stuff. Here, we just hand out giant novelty cheques and those little money boxes made from tin. What a time to be alive.
Oh, I nearly forgot. It’s behind a television pay wall. That’s to stop people watching the mediocrity. No one ever gives us credit for that.
Did I mention Jade Dernbach is playing?
So get on board and cringe through the whole tournament like I will.
The Natwest T20 Borefest starts this week apparently.
So there. How’s that for a launch? Smashed it.
Like a boss.”
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019