Glenn rocks up at the salubrious Shane Warne Foundation headquarters, complete with a slab of VB on his shoulder.
It’s not necessarily his favourite beer, much preferring something that says “craft” on it. But given he isn’t sure who the audience is, it is best he avoid being labelled a wanker.
Walking in, he is greeted by young pretty girls in Playboy bunny costumes and the waft of wacky tobacco is something that appeals.
He spots Warney chatting to Melbourne Stars Chairman Eddie McGuire.
He hasn’t seen Eddie for a few months, but reckons he’s stacked on at least another twelve KFC family buckets of lard around the midriff. If he turned an off-green colour, it would be hard to distinguish him from Jabba the Hut.
But Eddie is a man worth knowing. He knows everyone and knows how to open doors for people.
“Fucking how good is this mate!” yells Warnie over the sounds of Craig McLachlan & his band Check 1-2 pumping out their hit Amanda live in the background.
Glenn gives him a beaming smile.
He already has his eye on one of the Channel Nine weather girls who is chatting to James Faulkner over in the corner. He knows that James is no chance. Not with those teeth anyway.
Time for you to “Pick A Path”. Click below to continue the story:
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019