We are privileged and blessed to be able to chat cricket on this show and share it with all of you, our listeners.
Without you, there would be no show.
But now and then, cricket has a way of humbling you. Today was one of those times.
On this show, we have two guests who have taken their disability and used it to be an enabler in the world of cricket.
Our first guest, Mr Dean du Plessis from Zimbabwe, is the world’s only blind cricket commentator.
He has over 7 years experience commentating cricket on TV with SuperSport, and also on radio.
Most importantly, he is a brilliant analyst and cricket story teller, painting pictures in your mind that only the best can do.
You need to listen to his podcast. It’s brilliant.
We also spoke with George Abraham from Delhi.
Like Dean, George is also visually impaired.
George is a pioneer for visually impaired cricket, having founded the Association for Cricket of the Blind in India and the World Blind cricket council in 1996.
Listen as they talk to us about how they are turning their disability into a means to enrich the lives of others through cricket.
Of course, we also talk about current world cricket affairs including the Sri Lanka vs South Africa Test series and the England vs India Test series.
Finally, we have another installment of the Muller Award.
Listen via iTunes, Soundcloud, Tune In Radio, Stitcher or Omny here.
Alternatively, follow these instructions on how to use the media player at the top of this page. It’s not that hard. Just click on the orange play button.
- The Curious Case of Fawad Alam - August 4, 2020
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019