We continue with the race discussion this week with ESPNCricinfo’s Firdose Moonda.
A week ago, when it was leaked that race played a hand in the South African World Cup semi final side, we tackled it from a white South African perspective.
Firdose helps us understand the issue from a ‘person of colour’ perspective.
In the chat, we ask Firdose some tough questions such as:
- Are quotas just another form of apartheid?;
- Why is Cricket South Africa so evasive about the subject;
- Is this the best way to promote cricket to all races;
- Is Philander just a quota player;
- Should India have quotas due to centuries of the caste system;
- Would this have been an issue if Steyn was dropped for the World Cup semi final; and
- Why have Cricket South Africa shunned her?
We take more listen questions and of course, we tackle the Scott Muller Award
Now, the audio quality is a little shitty for the first 5 minutes as Skype struggles with Firdose’s South African connection. However, hold in there, as it gets much better and the conversation gets kinda deep.
Most importantly, don’t forget to leave us an iTunes review…please?
HOW TO LISTEN
To listen, follow these instructions on how to use the media player at the top of this page.
It’s not that hard.
Just click on the orange play button.
Alternatively, listen to this podcast via iTunes, Soundcloud, Tune In Radio, Stitcher or Omny here.
Follow the podcast on twitter:
- Why I’m Scared of Travelling to Pakistan - February 19, 2020
- Why Islamabad United Won’t Improve Your Sex Life and How To Fix It - January 2, 2020
- The Only Honest Review of The PSL 2020 Draft on the Internet - December 7, 2019
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019