MS Dhoni is a champion cricketer. The best wicketkeeper / batsman since Gilchrist. He is widely loved throughout the world and adored in his native India.
However, the lad now has an problem. Leaks from the Mudgal Report place him clearly in the camp of those “accused, but not yet proven” to be linked to shonkiness. This is a feeling that Chris Cairns knows well. Except that Cairns and Dhoni have responded in totally different ways.
Cairns has come out swinging. He has told the authorities to put up or shut up. Dhoni on the other hand is pretending that these allegations don’t exist.
So, here are 10 questions Dhoni needs to answer.
1) There are allegations, true or false, that you have been involved in match fixing. Why do you feel you shouldn’t stand down while these allegations are investigated?
2) Why do you feel your right to keep playing overrides the potential damage to the games credibility you cause by continuing to play?
3) You played in an IPL game for CSK vs RR that the Mudgal Report has flagged as potentially fixed. Was it fixed?
4) Do you have relationships when any bookmakers or underworld figures
5) Have you ever been paid in cash or in kind for information regarding a match you played in?
6) What does your role at India Cements entail?
7) How would you define “Conflict of Interest”?
8) Do you accept that your ownership of a player management agency that manages some Indian players is a conflict of interest?
9) Has Srinivasan ever asked you to lie about Meiyappan’s role at CSK
10) How many times have you reported approaches by bookies to the authorities?
So Harsha, next time you visit Dhoni, we would appreciate it if you asked him these questions.
Cricket will be the winner.
- Dennis Does The World Cup: My essential guide to a very un-international international cricket tournament - June 2, 2019
- Dennis Does Pakistan – Full Documentary - April 14, 2019
- Dennis’ Unhelpful Guide To PSL4 - February 11, 2019
- Welcome to CBCTV - December 14, 2018
- A Critical Review of the 2018 PSL Draft - November 21, 2018